Wheal Martyn - Visit Information
Whether you want to find out more about Cornwall’s rich China Clay heritage in the interactive visitor centre, fancy exploring the nature trails complete with children’s woodland play area and adventure course, or want a unique view of a modern China Clay pit at work with monitor jets and giant machinery, Wheal Martyn has something for everyone.
These pages contain all the information you need to plan your visit. Click on the links to get all the details.
Individuals School Groups Disability Info Opening Times
Coach Groups Find Us
Highlights of what is on offer :
Wheal Martyn provides a superb combination of interest, education and fun for people of all ages. As a result we are happy to provide group rates, welcome school visits and can cater for coach parties.
In addition we also provide:
- Children’s activity sheets
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Temporary Exhibitions
- Children’s activity days (call for details)
- Cycle/walking trail to St Austell and Eden Project (Part of the Clay Trails Project)
- Free car/coach parking
- Dogs on leads welcome
- Open throughout the year (Closed over Christmas and New Year)